Kinda sorta a social work/ social justice blog
college; the musical
featuring such hits as:
- the fuck do you mean this textbook is $250
- why am i the only one in the group doing the assignment
- final exams more like no
- how did my gpa get so low
- this ta really needs to stop
- i’m never going to finish this 7,000 word essay by tomorrow
- how did my gpa get so high (reprise)
Haha. So glad I’m done!
Sports Illustrated: Washington Wizards center Jason Collins reveals he is gay in a story published Monday.
Collins writes in the story:
I didn’t set out to be the first openly gay athlete playing in a major American team sport. But since I am, I’m happy to start the conversation. I wish I wasn’t the kid in the classroom raising his hand and saying, “I’m different.” If I had my way, someone else would have already done this. Nobody has, which is why I’m raising my hand.